At Health Links, we know that building a culture of health, safety and well-being takes time. Having a support system to help make the process as simple as possible is very important. That’s why we’ve created our monthly webinar series. By continuing to share the latest research, highlight success stories, and provide information on valuable resources, our mission is to simplify how worker health and safety get done.
The following is our application for delivering a Health Links webinar. Webinars occur twice a month and highlight our preferred vendors, local health and safety experts, and community partners. Please fill out the following information and submit your proposal to our team. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted upon approval to identify a convenient date and time for your presentation. Please reach out to us if you have any questions.
This interview form should take no longer than 20 minutes to complete.
If you have any questions about any part of this process, please contact John Stuligross at (303) 724-3603.
This interview form should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete.
If you have any questions about any part of this process, please contact Kaylee Rivera at Kaylee.Rivera@healthlinkscertified.org or (303) 724-8562.
Qualified employers should consist of at least two or more employees, be a current Health Links Recognized Healthy Business, and be operating in Colorado’s Economic Development Region 12 (Eagle, Summit, Jackson, Pitkin, Garfield and Grand Counties). Qualified organizations include for profit businesses, nonprofits, and public-sector organizations. If your organization is not currently recognized but would like to be and become eligible for this award please visit www.healthlinkscertified.org/getgoing.
Capital investment to improve and enhance workplace health and/or safety;
· Funds can be used to purchase workplace enhancements that support the following areas: workplace safety, tobacco control, physical activity, healthy eating, chronic disease prevention, family-friendly workplaces, stress management, or other approved focus area.
· Examples of items include, but are not limited to: signage for a tobacco free zone, equipment for safer working conditions, equipment for breastfeeding rooms, break room refrigerator for fresh food storage, water filling stations, exercise equipment, bicycle racks, sit stand stations, and facility improvements (e.g., better and/or safer waking paths, etc.).
o Examples of items that are NOT considered capital improvements include: FitBits or other activity trackers, gym memberships for employees, prizes/gifts or other incentives, snack/food delivery programs, etc. If you are unsure about your proposal idea, please contact Health Links for clarification and guidance.
Process for Employers:
Should an organization meet the eligibility qualifications, they will be asked to submit an application to the WorkWell Collaborative using The Healthy Business Accelerator Submittable Form between January 16, 2018 and March 7, 2018. The application form includes descriptive questions meant to outline the scope of the Healthy Business accelerator plan and the option for providing supporting supplemental documentation outlining accountability, impact and communication (please see the application form below for specific questions). All applications will be submitted online using the online Submittable software. Applications will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the WorkWell Collaborative using the scoring rubric described below. Awardees will be selected by the subcommittee and will be notified by March 14, 2018. Awardees will have until March 30th to meet with their local Health Links advisor (in-person or via phone) to finalize their accountability, impact and communication plans to be approved by Health Links core staff. Awardees will then have until April 27, 2018 to purchase capital improvements and submit their receipts to Health Links for reimbursement. Health Links will directly reimburse all organizations for submitted receipts by May 4, 2018. All awardees MUST cash/deposit reimbursement checks by June 1, 2018.
A separate worksheet will be distributed to awardees on September 3, 2018 and should be completed by September 28, 2018 to display the impact the Accelerator grant and capital improvements have had on employee health and safety.
Important Note About Purchases:
If ANY purchasing changes need to be made to the original application, businesses are to contact Health Links and request approval. Any purchases made that are not included on the original application and are not approved by Health Links as suitable substitutions will NOT be reimbursed. Please consult with your Advisor or the Health Links team if substitutions are to be made for original outlined purchases.
By submitting the application, businesses agree to the following terms if funded:
1. Organizations awarded funds will meet (in-person or via phone) with their local Health Links Advisor within two weeks of award announcement to finalize accountability and communications plans.
2. Organizations will provide Health Links with receipts of purchase by April 27, 2018 for a reimbursement by May 4, 2018. All reimbursement checks will be cashed by the awardees by June 1, 2018.
3. Organizations will complete an impact worksheet and submit documentation to Health Links by September 30, 2018.
4. Organizations agree that that the sole utilization of awarded funds will be towards sustainable initiatives that enhance evidence-informed workplace health promotion and safety.
5. Any capital purchases will not be sold for three (3) years from date purchased.